Tuesday, September 13, 2011



ANTIQUING THROUGHOUT THE SUMMER WAS HOT BUT A WORTHWHILE ADVENTURE


As with most summers throughout my writing career, with exception of the years with Muskoka Publication, in Bracebridge, I suspend my writing tasks due to hot weather. I have never been able to write much in the summer, and for years and years, I'd compose ninety percent of my required summer copy for the Muskoka Sun in January and February, my most prolific period of the year. There are few distractions except the burden of snow plugging the driveway, and water-lines freezing. So this year was no exception, and with the deep heat for so many days, Suzanne and I tended our other worldly projects, and concentrated on acquiring inventory for our antique trade. It wasn't perfect traveling weather either but it was infinitely better than sitting and dripping sweat all the live long day. We were still sweating but making good finds and better purchases of old stuff, at the same time. Admittedly, the antique trade has always worked in this way, to take us away from the day-to-day anxieties, and to say we zone-out is an understatement. The autumn season, is by far, the best time to be antiquing, and we have some great adventures planned. But writing becomes less onerous, and more exciting in the cooler climes, and that's the way it's always been for me. I'll be back soon with some more entries for this Muskoka blogsite.

No comments: